STATEMENT OF INTENT
SFH6 is a diverse and supportive learning community and our values are embedded in our curriculum provision that is intended to provide progression routes for all of our students.
- Academic achievement – our students achieve highly through a rigorous and well planned curriculum and pastoral programme taught by subject specialists
- Global citizenship – our students develop a sense of their responsibilities and social justice and are confident about improving their world locally and globally
- Enterprise and confidence – our students are creative and innovative and are able to use their knowledge and skills with confidence and independence.
The key principles of our curriculum are that high levels of performance are attainable for the vast majority of students and that we can systematically teach students how to succeed academically, to be intellectually and socially confident as well as to have a global outlook and a concern for others
- The curriculum develops students who love the challenge of learning, are resilient to making mistakes and who are curious and enquiring.
- The curriculum meets in full the requirements of Sixth Form study programme
- The curriculum is designed to be inclusive and to meet the diverse needs and ambitions of all our students. We review our curriculum offer each year to ensure we are meeting the needs of our learners
- The curriculum develops successful learners who make excellent progress, reliably, year on year
- The curriculum promotes a culture of respect and is consistent with the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs
- Students extend and develop their knowledge and skills through extra-curricular activities, wider reading and home work
- The curriculum facilitates progression to the next stage of a students’ educational journey, for all students.